Skip to main content

my foster american brother ( and me nosebleeding!!!)...


Take a glimpse of my foster brother... he is Scott Koogle... an American... he will be spending his next 3 months in Manila. He is the community relations officer of Up With People (SEAsia Team) -- a non profit educational organization that has an exchange program for young adults.

Wonder how we ended up us family? Oh well, Hanna is part of Up With People (Cast B 2007)... She has been telling us to apply for Up With People... I guess, she was the one who encouraged Ave to join the said program. Then last week, Ave asked me if I were willing to adopt someone from the UWP staff... so, thursday last week came, and with mami's permission I said yes... what I knew then was I will be fostering a Mexican... when Saturday came, he told me that, the one who will be staying with us is an American. So Sunday came. I was with my cousins Lar and Weng... we met up with Luis and company at McDonald's Paseo de roxas Ave... and there I met Scott, Jamil-- the Mexican, Joel -- A pinoy whom Luis met in Thailand.. and to my surprise Hanna's parents were there too. Cool. Hanna's parents invited us to have dinner at Market! Market! Before going to Market! Market! we drove along Buendia and Chino Roces 1st, so that Scott would have an idea where he will be spending his working hours for the next few weeks... uhmmm... the dinner went well, we had coffee at Katips and... went home...
Anyways, Scott had his first MRT and jeepney rides yesterday. I did not believe him when he told me that he was indeed culture-shocked with his MRT experience... i think it was a bit off for him since people tend to invade his space bubble. He was able to find his way back to our apartment last night (well, he rode a taxi...)! Anyways, I know he'll get through this...

Comments

  1. naks. ms. international ka na rin pala ngayon.

    hehehe,
    trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. musta naman space bubble mo??! hehehe... be nice... be good... wag paiyakin ang banyaga...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

crap!

ok. i am in love with chuck. weird. weird. coz i have not really felt like this kind of obsession with nate before.  but with chuck... i am like super duper pathetic! :) ok - he's geeky way is so ahmmmmmm cute. i mean, wish there are a lot of geeks who are as hot as him. hehehe! (hehe paging jayjay!  )

old photos