Skip to main content

MOTY experience

I had my first (and perhaps, my last ???) MOTY experience. It was a nerve-warping experience (hahaha!)... anyways, masaya naman. I got to mingle with one of the winners, Ms. Saturnina Diez. I fetched her together with her loan officer from the airport. Ms. Diez's story was familiar to me because I was asked by my office to provide subtitles to her statements in the video. Ms. Diez is from Cebu, and she's a vegetable and fruit farmer. Her story is quite inspiring. Imagine, her husband used to work as a farmer/tenant of a certain land lord (and they solely depend on the husband's income) ... but because of her entrepreneurial intelligence, now they farm their own land and they even provide income to their neighbors/ community. She wanted her children to finish their studies, because it was something that she and her husband did not achieve.
Nanay was quite shy. It was her first time to go to Manila, and she said that she has relatives here. In one of our exchanges, I told her that her story is something... I wish I had a title of my own piece of land, she just smiled. She said that farming is not easy and, like any mothers, she wanted to spare her children from the hardships. She has big dreams for her family. And her faith keeps her going.
Most of the awardees have unique stories, all were quite inspiring. The moment I saw them, a feeling star-struckness struck me. I wish I were like them, totally, financially independent, and whole (very whole) as a person. Ahmm... i have to write something about MOTY pala in our website... hanapin niyo na lang if may mahanap kayo hahaha!


































She is so like my parents... SIGH... and I am missing them big time...

Comments

  1. admirable gyud sila.
    if only hindi ako galit sa pera.

    hehehe,
    trip

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

crap!

ok. i am in love with chuck. weird. weird. coz i have not really felt like this kind of obsession with nate before.  but with chuck... i am like super duper pathetic! :) ok - he's geeky way is so ahmmmmmm cute. i mean, wish there are a lot of geeks who are as hot as him. hehehe! (hehe paging jayjay!  )

old photos